Skip to main content

My dad is gone and I am sad, but I get angry too

I did not cry as much today though I still have sporadic bouts of sadness and heart break... But I admit, I get angry too. I have been cycling through the stages of grief. But the anger one I keep inside because it will hurt others, because it places blame on me, and on others...

I get angry about circumstances and situations, and paradigms and perceptions, and ideas, and it's pointless to be angry. He's gone. My dad is gone, I can't call him anymore, he'll never respond to my text or email again. We will never sing together again. I will never be annoyed at him or laugh at his jokes again. I will never receive a gift from him again or worry if my gift to him was good enough because I just want him to be proud of me. I will never get to act out, or step up in his presence again.

I had 36 wonderful years with fractions of them allocated to spending time with him and I feel it was enough, but I would have wanted more. There was so much we still wanted to do together with my siblings. He never took me to Chicago... We never got to go on one last Disneyland trip... But I had 36 years... And I am sad we all didn't get more years with him.

But I had not been able to really get the anger out, though I got to vent tonight a little. There is a lot.

But okay lets go back to the good. I am glad I got to see him more often this year. It was hard to get to, but I am glad I did when allowed.

He didn't want us to see him how he was when he went... but why weren't we, his kids told how severe it was? I was told to stay home and that it was all okay.... but it was not all okay! And I listened, to be respectful, I stayed home and waited, and when I got there he was still breathing but he was gone.

But fine... I didn't feel cheated of the chance to say goodbye. Oddly I felt really good about where we were in our communication... nothing needed to be said. I knew and he knew... but still, why did I hesitate? Why did I listen. I knew it was not him who sent the text.

This is part of the grief, to be mad. But I can't be mad. Because I do understand what it is like to be so overwhelmed that you don't realize the severity of the situation... and luckily my siblings were there and were my alarm system. So I did get there for all of us to be together and be there for each other. I saw his body rest finally after the machines pumped oxygen into his lungs for so long. Finally his eyes closed, his body was at peace. He was beautiful and restful... he was broken but he was free.

And I swear to him, he will always be whole. We learned something that morning, the six of us, his children. We were united. We did not fight, we did not disagree. All we care about is to be together. Our father is gone, and all we have is each other.

We keep getting warned about fights to come, and struggles. And while I told my siblings than I will not stay silent if it pertains to us. I will defend us six... But the six of us stand united. We are his legacy and we will carry on the love together. We will remember him and be with him every time we are together.

Every spring equinox we well remember his transition and celebrate life in his honor. Every one of our birthdays we will love up on each other and goof off and laugh and sing and dance in his honor.

What this six of us have is true wealth. We love each other. he always wanted us to stick together. Dad, you succeeded! We are together.

I imagine him kind of poking fun and throwing his arms up in victory and shouting, "Success!" as he admitted to me he had been doing lately mimicking my goofy antics. I guess we all rubbed off on him as much as he rubbed off on us...

How many things did we kids influence in him? Because he would mimic all of us, and poke fun. How many songs or shows or activities did he enjoy because of us kids? He would sometimes talk to me enthusiastically about an artist I did not know but it was one of my siblings favorites, and he would adopt our passions so subtly I never caught it. I see it. I see all the love he had for us.

I didn't know I would miss him this much. I thought it would feel normal and that I would only sometimes remember he is gone. But I miss him. I want to call him and ask how he is feeling. I want to call and ask if I can come over. He was there... he was there. he was always there. Now he's where I can not yet go and will not go until it is time.

I feel him telling me to take care of myself, and my health. I only have a handful of reasons for wanting to wake up every morning now. My mom and my siblings. They are my world.

I have no husband anymore, and I probably will never have kids. But I have them and I cherish them.

That is my rant for this evening.

I think I can finally fall asleep.... Maybe.
My beautiful dad... I have not dreamed of you yet... perhaps because I feel your presence so I do not need to dream of you to process. But I miss you... please visit me. I want to tell everyone what you are up to wherever you are....



Comments


  1. EFFECTIVE AND POWERFUL LOVE SPELL CASTER AND LOTTERY SPELL 2019 GBOJIESPIRITUALTEMPLE@GMAIL.COM OR WHATSAPP HIM :+2349066410185
    Hi i am from USA I have just experience the wonders of Dr. gbojie love spell, that have been spread on the internet and worldwide, How he marvelously helped people all over the world to restored back their marriage life and get back lost lovers, and also help to win lottery. I contacted him after going through so many testimonies from different people how he help to bring back ex lover back, i told him about my husband that abandoned me about 8 months ago, and left home with all i had.. Dr GBOJIE only told me to smile and have a rest of mind he will handle all in just 24 hours, After the second day my husband called me, i was just so shocked, i pick the call and couldn't believe my ears, he was really begging me to forgive him and making promises on phone.. He came back home and also got me a new car just for him to proof his love for me. i was so happy and called Dr Gbojie and thanked him, he only told me to share the good news all over the world .. Well if you need an effective and real spell caster contact Dr gbojie Via email: gbojiespiritualtemple@gmail. com or Call or WhatsApp: +2349066410185 or check out his website : http://gbojiespiritualtemple.website2.me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BFC Ink Doll Collection Complete!!

Well, if it isn't obvious, I got into doll collection, but I suppose I always was a doll collector, just not really by choice as my mom would buy me a porcelain doll every year for my birthday until I moved away for college, but even then I still got porcelain dolls as gifts from her and other members of my family. Over the years of course I have collected dolls from the 80's like the Kimberly doll by Tommy, and of course Barbie...  then I got into repainting Bratz dolls the past couple of years and added Monster High to the list of dolls to look for at flea markets etc... But one day, by chance I came across the now out of production MGA Entertainment 18" BFC Ink (Best Friends Club Ink) dolls.  These dolls are way cuter, in my opinion, than American Girl Dolls (which I really do not like at all actually) or Journey Girls etc...  They have a hard body all the way and were made in two types.  The first productions were just all vinyl bodies, much like the Wellie Wisher

Out of State visits - Friends, Fishing, and Sunsets in San Diego

I met my buddy Kurt years ago through my music performance endeavors.  Kurt runs Scene Wars Collective and organizes the Anti-Competition showcase cross-country.  When I met him he had reached out to me about my band Blackwater Prophecy and ended up booking it and the other band I was a part of at the time which sadly no longer exists. He lives in Missouri so it was difficult for him to make it out the first time he booked me, but eventually he was able to make it to California when he booked me along with my then band mate for a small show. We got to meet and hang out in San Diego that night which of course solidified the connection as now I had a face to put to the name. Since then I have even gotten the opportunity to work with Kurt helping him book bands too, but ultimately my schedule didn't allow for his late night calls to discuss bookings... I may be a night owl, but I am not about working remotely at night.  In any case I've known him for several years now and he fina

Am I a feminist?

Lets clear this up... I am not so much a feminist as I am an equalist. Women.Women sit here and complain about men and how they are treated by men when the reality is those women allow it to happen, and I am not saying this as some people would say rape is the victims fault... NO! I am saying, if he is not treating you as a person, cut him off! BUT... Same goes for men.  Men complain about women too. OK, if you feel she is taking advantage of you then cut her off. If you cannot stand her, then break up with her. Stop wasting her time and hiding behind wanting to be the good guy cause really you are being more of a jerk that way... and again.. same for women. Women who date the nice guy... I don't really like him, no chemistry, but he's sooo nice, I can't hurt him. To those chicks... you're a jerk! And you'll ruin him for the next girl who can appreciate him more. So my point. Objectification goes both ways. Exploitation is a two way street. Everyone can