Skip to main content

2020 the year of rebirth

 2020 has been a bummer year for most everyone, but I can see it's actually been a good year.  When the pandemic hit, and the world shut down, our planet had a chance to breathe.  This was an opportunity for all to see just how much we affect things.  Human Rights issues have come up not just with the Black Lives Matter movement, but Native peoples are being heard in their cry for justice.  2020 is indeed a humbling year, and we've lost much but we have the opportunity to be better.


For me, I lost one of my beloved canines.  Penelope lost her battle with cancer and died in my arms.  She was survived by Sophia and Artemis and the three cats, Kimber, Nagisa, and Snow ball... and myself.  I miss her, and life goes on.  I have her ashes and the memory of her.  

I let go of a relationship which though is had a lot of beauty and fun to it, had become so very heavy on my emotional and psychological well being.  The guilt I have is due to knowing that he is willing to fight for me, and yet I know it will destroy me to stay, even if he doesn't believe that.  I do love him, but it is not a path I wish to continue as I believe I must shine as bright as I can and I was dimming in that path anymore.

The moment I let go, opportunities opened up for me.  My career in insurance is back on track and I am simply focused on being the best version of myself.  Oddly enough, ghosts of my past have come around inviting me to self destruct again but I have no interest in games or distractions.  I am on a mission.

The holidays are approaching and the Pandemic is far from over.  I do not know if I will see my siblings this year.  But I miss my family, all of them on both sides.  I am grateful for technology as we can video chat and check up on each other through social media.

I find myself in an amazing situation right now.  I work from home, no longer driving for Lyft, in the Insurance Field, and I have family support.  I feel that if I was to become a mother, even though I am single, now would be a good time.  

I suppose I just have to keep working and being awesome.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BFC Ink Doll Collection Complete!!

Well, if it isn't obvious, I got into doll collection, but I suppose I always was a doll collector, just not really by choice as my mom would buy me a porcelain doll every year for my birthday until I moved away for college, but even then I still got porcelain dolls as gifts from her and other members of my family. Over the years of course I have collected dolls from the 80's like the Kimberly doll by Tommy, and of course Barbie...  then I got into repainting Bratz dolls the past couple of years and added Monster High to the list of dolls to look for at flea markets etc... But one day, by chance I came across the now out of production MGA Entertainment 18" BFC Ink (Best Friends Club Ink) dolls.  These dolls are way cuter, in my opinion, than American Girl Dolls (which I really do not like at all actually) or Journey Girls etc...  They have a hard body all the way and were made in two types.  The first productions were just all vinyl bodies, much like the Wellie Wisher

Out of State visits - Friends, Fishing, and Sunsets in San Diego

I met my buddy Kurt years ago through my music performance endeavors.  Kurt runs Scene Wars Collective and organizes the Anti-Competition showcase cross-country.  When I met him he had reached out to me about my band Blackwater Prophecy and ended up booking it and the other band I was a part of at the time which sadly no longer exists. He lives in Missouri so it was difficult for him to make it out the first time he booked me, but eventually he was able to make it to California when he booked me along with my then band mate for a small show. We got to meet and hang out in San Diego that night which of course solidified the connection as now I had a face to put to the name. Since then I have even gotten the opportunity to work with Kurt helping him book bands too, but ultimately my schedule didn't allow for his late night calls to discuss bookings... I may be a night owl, but I am not about working remotely at night.  In any case I've known him for several years now and he fina

Am I a feminist?

Lets clear this up... I am not so much a feminist as I am an equalist. Women.Women sit here and complain about men and how they are treated by men when the reality is those women allow it to happen, and I am not saying this as some people would say rape is the victims fault... NO! I am saying, if he is not treating you as a person, cut him off! BUT... Same goes for men.  Men complain about women too. OK, if you feel she is taking advantage of you then cut her off. If you cannot stand her, then break up with her. Stop wasting her time and hiding behind wanting to be the good guy cause really you are being more of a jerk that way... and again.. same for women. Women who date the nice guy... I don't really like him, no chemistry, but he's sooo nice, I can't hurt him. To those chicks... you're a jerk! And you'll ruin him for the next girl who can appreciate him more. So my point. Objectification goes both ways. Exploitation is a two way street. Everyone can