Skip to main content

!8 days in, and I am gaining momentum...

So I was doing fine, losing weight, slimming down...  slowly, properly...

January decided to be fat month.  And while I am not heavier or bigger than my clothes allow for, I decided to stop being so damn accepting of myself.


Yes I love myself, I love my curves, I even love my chubbiness believe it or not... so am I happy with myself? No.


Why not?  Is it self esteem issues?  Did the media get to me and now I think I should be stick thin?  F no!


I do not accept my current health and weight because I do have self esteem.  Because I know my potential and am 100% confident I can reach it.  I do not want to be a gym rat, I hate working out.  Let me be honest here.  It's fun to do from time to time but I hate routine, and hate the idea of having to workout to a routine.


So my solution is to have more fun to lose weight.


What?  But how does having fun cause weight loss?  Well to me it is fun to go for a walk, to ride my bike, to cook a delicious meal, to go to the beach and go splash around, to play with my dogs at the dog park, to play roller hockey with Robert, to garden, to fix the house up, to landscape, to build things (which I need to do around the house), to go kayaking, etc...


If that isn't an active lifestyle I don't want one.


I've been doing great this year thus far and it's only 18 days in.   hit my goal to have the portion of the house organized which I wanted by today, but I have a couple weeks to meet the next one of having the entire house 100% organized and neat.


Then it's the storage shed and the yard, plus micro goals along the way....  that's just with the house.


I have goals for my career.  I have goals for my health.  I have goals for my hobbies.  I have goals for my dogs!


Now a days when I sit to rest, I get anxious.


One of my biggest goals which I tend not to mention cause I feel most can't relate or understand is music....  It isn't my number one priority, I admit that, but it is #2.  #1 is my happiness, and before you call me selfish, my happiness means my family being set which means Robert and the animals being set.


If I mean my goals, I can have it all, so I have no time to waste because I do want it all... and by all I mean all I want so I don't actually want it all if you think of everything I can have.  I want my music studio, my art studio, my travels, and my home life a certain way and to a certain level, and I believe in myself enough to get it done.  I always have, but this year I am putting more urgency into it, and I am gonna go light speed.

Facebook Comments:

Comments
Francesco Atzei you can do it for sure! smile emoticon
Angela Kim I really like your truth here. I very much enjoy your self reflection and awareness. I think it's awesome.. wait I think you're awesome!... NINJA DANCE! GO NINJA GO! 
Syren Franco LOL Angela! I am NINJA DANCING with you!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BFC Ink Doll Collection Complete!!

Well, if it isn't obvious, I got into doll collection, but I suppose I always was a doll collector, just not really by choice as my mom would buy me a porcelain doll every year for my birthday until I moved away for college, but even then I still got porcelain dolls as gifts from her and other members of my family. Over the years of course I have collected dolls from the 80's like the Kimberly doll by Tommy, and of course Barbie...  then I got into repainting Bratz dolls the past couple of years and added Monster High to the list of dolls to look for at flea markets etc... But one day, by chance I came across the now out of production MGA Entertainment 18" BFC Ink (Best Friends Club Ink) dolls.  These dolls are way cuter, in my opinion, than American Girl Dolls (which I really do not like at all actually) or Journey Girls etc...  They have a hard body all the way and were made in two types.  The first productions were just all vinyl bodies, much like the Wellie W...

What is control anyway? What is expectation in love?

I don't believe in control. I can influence, and place my intention into my day, but control is just a false idea of your maneuvering. If there truly is control it is of yourself only and if you feel outside forces have control of you it is because you are letting them... But also... lets talk about love, because we find ourselves disappointed or frustrated but that only comes from expectation. I see nothing wrong with expectation as long as it is not unreasonable. For example I expect my partner to be kind, and considerate, basically to be a decent human being... My partner would expect the same of me... But sometimes they just plain ole don't want you that much, just a little, just when it suits them... well, then your expectations should shift to yourself. I expect myself to treat myself better and one way is to remove myself from crappy situations... The disappointment if I were to stay is not in them, it is in me for being in that mindset ...

My dad is gone and I am sad, but I get angry too

I did not cry as much today though I still have sporadic bouts of sadness and heart break... But I admit, I get angry too. I have been cycling through the stages of grief. But the anger one I keep inside because it will hurt others, because it places blame on me, and on others... I get angry about circumstances and situations, and paradigms and perceptions, and ideas, and it's pointless to be angry. He's gone. My dad is gone, I can't call him anymore, he'll never respond to my text or email again. We will never sing together again. I will never be annoyed at him or laugh at his jokes again. I will never receive a gift from him again or worry if my gift to him was good enough because I just want him to be proud of me. I will never get to act out, or step up in his presence again. I had 36 wonderful years with fractions of them allocated to spending time with him and I feel it was enough, but I would have wanted more. There was so much we stil...